Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Eastern Market

The Eastern Market is Detroit's big farmer's market that happens every Saturday. It's huge! It's a great place to great fresh, locally-grown produce. I visited it last Saturday (April 8) and loved it. There were a lot of people there - it was the most people I saw in one place in Detroit the entire time that I was there.





Post-Market Images



I was amazed at the amount of food that the venders left behind. True, most of it was rotten, but I bet that if you got to the market right as it was closing that you could get tons of good food for free. And that reminds me. As we were walking down the street a man said "hey!" "hey!" I turned around and he came running at me "Here!" he said in an annoyed tone and handed me a purple flowering plant. He walked past and handed the second one to courtney. "Thanks" I said. He didn't respond. He seemed mad for some reason. It was nice I guess. We left them by our bikes and they were gone when we got back from the railroad tracks. oh well.

Here are some pictures of rotting market fruit (one of my favorite photo subjects).











-liz

No comments: